Thursday, November 15, 2007

Wow! It's been months!!

JMJ

I am sorry that I never blog anymore… not that I have ever been consistent! How is everyone? I am doing alright- busy, busy, busy!

So for those of you whom I have not told, my parents and I moved about one month ago. Now we live in Bremerton—in an old remodeled fire station! It is really neat! Andrew has been painting the interior for us. He has done such a great job! I will post pictures of the place later!

Teaching is going well. My students are all wonderful and I love being able to share the Catholic faith with them! I decided to take each class over to the church for adoration every first Friday. November 2nd was our first time in adoration. It was truly beautiful. I had each student sit by themselves so they could have personal time with Christ. I know that children might be bored going to adoration for an hour- but I just know how happy Christ is to be with them. After all, Christ is the person we should strive please!

I think being a teacher is enlarging my heart immensely. Sometimes I have wondered how parents with many children can give each son or daughter all the love and attention that they need to become healthy and holy adults. I think Our Lord gives us this loving ability--because I care greatly for all 51 of my students. I pray for them all of the time. I would be devastated if any of them left the Church. All I want for them is holiness and closeness to Christ.

As you may know, I am also taking classes at night. My schedule is crazy! I am having a hard time living up to my own self-expectations. I desperately want to do well with all the tasks Our Lord has given to me, yet I am constantly disappointed in myself and I know I can do better. Forget peer-pressure, my struggle is personal-pressure!!

Please keep me and my students in your prayers!!

No comments: